Thursday, August 15, 2013

Burn by Maya Banks plus Video Interview with Maya Banks!

 
 
 
Momma's Rating
 
 4 Take Me Now Ash Stars
 
Momma's Review
 
I really enjoyed Burn by Maya Banks, and I'm pretty sure that it's my favorite of the three books in the Breathless Trilogy. For me it was the hottest of the books but also felt like the one that I could really relate to the best.
 
The Story
 
Burn is Ash's Story and while it does still hit on the stores of Gabe & Mia and Jace & Bethany it is fully centered around Ash.  The plot line is great in this story and moves easily.  Maya Banks has definitely saved the best for the last book of the Breathless Trilogy.  While this book did follow the same plot structure as the others, I felt that there was a greater connection with both lead characters in the story and it had my full attention.  Also, the fact that I found my self laughing at multiple parts of the book was a great plus.
 
 
The Hero
 
WOW!  Ash is by far my favourite of the heros from the Breathless Trilogy.  From the outside he looks like an easy going guy with a laid back attitude but he is so much more than that.  He's strong willed, dominant, caring, sexy and a BEAST in the sac! While he does have a bit of an issue with jumping to conclusions that's something I can overlook!
 
 
The Heroine
 
Each of the heroines in this series are so different from each other and I really liked that.  Josie Josie Carlysle is a free spirited artist who paints in bright bold colors and doesn't let anything get her down.  She's sweet, sassy and a little more submissive than she thinks!  Her ability to submit while keeping her strong character is a quality that isn't seen enough in these types of stories.  She's not a virgin, she's not weak and she's not stumbling blind into a new "type" of relationship which makes her a favorite on my list.
 
 
The BFF
 
 The BFF's in Burn are some of our favorite characters from the other books in the Breathless Trilogy.  The couples of Gabe/Mia and Jace/Bethany really add not only some great laughs but also continue some of the plot lines from the first 2 books.
 
The Steam
 
 Holy Shit is about the only way I can sum up the steaminess that is Ash McIntyre!  He is by far the hottest of the 3 Breathless men!  While he's used to only being in threesomes with his best friend Jace, he easily takes command in a one on one situation and boy is it worth it.  Lets just say that not only this one of my favorites but my husbands too ;)

Video Interview

And now for something very special!  I was humbled (and a little freaked out) when I was given a chance to interview Maya Banks last week!  Thankfully I didn't totally fangirl and trip over my tongue!  The best part????  It was videotaped for all of my lovely ladies to see.

Without further ado.......(and don't mind my voice!)


 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I watched your interview with Maya Banks, I enjoyed listening to her and have loved each and every book I have read of hers. Especially the Colter's. I haven't read this last series but most definitely will. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really loved the entire series!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I was seriously sweating the whole time!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!