Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Up In The Air Series by R.K. Lilley


 
My Rating:
3.5 Stars
 
Overview (from book 1)
 
When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it.

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes.
 
My James Cavendish

 
My Review:
 
I don't normally review a full series at once but I read these ones so damn fast I forgot to stop in between and write each review!  I love a dominant, don't take no for an answer, sexy, rich alpha male and Mr. James Cavendish didn't disappoint.  He made me want to say "yes sir" over, and over and over again!
 
Phewww, let me fan myself off for a minute....
 
Ok, I'm back! Back to the actual review.  I liked this series, I really did.  I rated it 3.5 stars as an overall for the entire set.  Broken down by book I gave In Flight 3 Stars, Mile High 4 Stars and Grounded 3 Stars.  The fact that I spent my entire weekend literally locked into by reader says a whole lot about these books, but that said there was something that it was lacking.  I really liked the fact that the BDSM aspect of the book was more realistic than other books I've read and at the same time didn't read like a "BDSM for idiots" guide.  The Hero was hot, the heroine was strong and the best friend was to die for. 
 
What really bugged me was Bianca's constant worry that she wasn't good enough for James.  I kept getting frustrated that it played on for so long and really wished that she would have come to terms with that sooner.  Looking back I really think that was what was bothering me for most of the series. 
 
Would I recommend this book, Hell Yes! This book is for anyone looking for a hot dominating hero, a sassy heroine and some steamy kinky sex!
 
My Favorite Quotes:
 
“I’m going to ruin you. I’ll be your first, and I’ll fuck you so thoroughly that I’ll be your last too. You won’t want any other man after I’ve gotten my hands on you.” 
 
“There you go, belittling us again. You must know by now that I've never done any of this for anyone else. I was a slut once with my body, but I've never been a slut with my heart.”
 
“The director cleared her throat just a few shots in. “Um, so, is there anything you can do about that, Mr Cavendish? This is not an X-rated publication…”
James, shameless bastard that he was, seemed completely unfazed. “You’ll just need to shoot me waist up. You were the one who wanted my girlfriend in the shot, putting her hands on me. What did you think was going to happen?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!