Thursday, March 14, 2013

Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed, Review & Excerpt


Available March, 15 on Amazon and B&N
 
My Review:
5 Flaming HOT Stars

Overview:
 
Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.

Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, doesn’t do relationships. When she’s sent to a remote estate to finalize a real estate deal, she discovers her new boss is no other than the guy she left naked in bed.

Sexy, dangerously handsome, and arrogant Jett Mayfield attracts trouble, and women, like a lightning rod. But the night he meets Brooke he gets more than he bargained for. The green-eyed millionaire playboy isn’t used to taking no for an answer, and he isn’t about to start now.

When he proposes two months of no strings sex, Brooke is intrigued and accepts his proposal. Little does she know Jett’s determined to claim the one woman he can’t have, pulling her deeper into his dangerous world.

A man who doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
A woman afraid to surrender to love.
Two lives that are about to cross…and secrets laid bare.
 
My Review:
 
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review*
 
Holy Crap this book is HOT!  So hot that it grabbed a very coveted 5 star rating!  Everything about this book is amazing.  It is written with so much angst it's not just like a roller coaster, it literally feels like your on a fucking coaster!  I caught myself forgetting to breath and hanging on, every time you think it was about to level it BAM it would drop again!  The up and downs were amazing but the twists were perfectly executed and from total left field.
 
And the sex, oh holy hell the sex!  J.C. Reed writes a steamy sex scene that can compete with some of the top authors!  Every time Brooke and Jett are together I needed a glass of water. My heartbeat was timed right along with Brooke's as Jett made his moves and wished I could keep him for myself!
 
Oh boy the ending....talk about a CLIFFHANGER!!!!  It was breathtaking....no literally, I lost my breath when it ended!  I am so very impatiently waiting for book 2 to come out, and I have it on good authority that we only have to wait until June 1st!
 
Excerpt:
 
“Hey. Had a good day?” he asked in a low and throaty tone, sexy as hell.
I swallowed hard, forgetting my voice. He strolled toward me and bent down to place a soft kiss on my cheek as his hand moved to my lower back, barely touching the soft material of my shirt.
Too close for comfort, too electrifying.
I couldn’t breathe. He was so confident it scared the living crap out of me.
Smiling bravely, I took two steps back, forcing myself not to dash for the nearest exit.
“It was good. What about you?” My voice barely found its way out of my throat.
“It’s getting better now that I’m here with you.” Jett’s eyes descended into mine, sending my insides into upheaval. His thumb brushed my lower lip and a frown crossed his features, as though he couldn’t decide whether to kiss it. I wanted to make that decision easy for him so I gently pressed my mouth against his thumb while my eyes remained connected with him. His breathing became shallow as I started to suck his finger into my mouth, pulling it in and out.
“You’re playing with fire, Brooke,” Jett said huskily. “I don’t want you to get burned.”
“You promised fire. I don’t mind a little pain,” I whispered against his hand. This was about the most obvious invitation I had ever spoken to a man. My heart began to beat wildly against my ribcage, reminding me of a fragile bird in desperate search for a way out of a cage. And in some way I was a bird, and my life was a cage. While I’d never let Jett or any other man inside, I figured I could safely venture outside for a change, in the hope that I might just forget my past. Be someone else for a while.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the awesome post and review, Kat. I really appreciate it. Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre very welcome! It was well deserved!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!