Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Platinum by Jeffe Kennedy


Available February 25, 2013 on Amazon and B&N


My Rating:

 
Overview from goodreads.com
 
Althea Grant's Charleston gallery might be suffering from the bad economy, and her artistic aspirations have gone nowhere, but she's doing just fine, thank you. When bad-boy sculptor Steel rides up on his motorcycle looking to rent studio space, his infusion of cash is more than welcome. But his art is raw, visceral, sexual—and completely inappropriate for her pastel world of watercolor landscapes.

Steel, fascinated by Althea's rare albino coloring, sees in her the key to his next piece: a metal satyr designed for bondage games. Moving into her gallery basement is the first step; seducing the cool Southern belle into modeling for him is the second.

As Steel peels away her careful manners and tasteful outfits, Althea begins to realize her life isn't just fine at all—it's as pale and washed-out as the watercolor paintings she's failing to sell. Can she transform her life and accept her most secret desires
 
My Review
 
*ARC provided by publisher for Honest Review*
 
Ok, So I had a bit of a hard time writing a revew for this book.  So I'll let you in to my mind for this book:
 
First I was like, ok I can do this....but Albino? Really.  Then I was like woo-hoo hot Alpha Male, which turned into You go girl...dump that lame BF and get with "Hottie Artist".  Then it got good and I was like "I LOVE THIS BOOK" and then it was like "Ay Dios Mio"(and I don't speak spanish) and then I was like Yee-Haw......HOT SEX. Then it got sweet but then I was like WTF Boo....please don't make the Alpha Male do submissive stuff.  Then I was all Hot and giggly.  And then BAM it was over!
**********
Ughhh I fell better now!  So I really did like this book but there was so much more that could have been done.  That said, I don't think that the author wanted to do more.  It was straight up Erotica with a small bit of romance thrown in.  I went against my norm and read a few other reviews while I was trying to write my own and I think a lot of readers were looking for "romance."  This is not your classic contemporary romance novel where the H has to bend over backwards to get the h.  This is pure fantasy, boy walks in....wants girl....gets girl....and they get HOT and NASTY.  The ending left me a bit frustrated, but for a book that was so short I'm not sure what I was looking for.
 
If you're into a quick one night read with lots of HOT Sex, minimal "Drama" that doesn't leave you waiting months on end for a sequel then I highly recommend this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!