Monday, February 4, 2013

Paradise Hops by Liz Crowe


Available at Amazon and B&N
 
Overview from Amazon.com
 
A brutal attack left Lori Brockton convinced she was damaged goods. By the time she emerges from hiding two years later, ready to run her family's famous brewery, she's determined to be independent--never rely on anyone ever again. Nearly a year of working in every corner of Brockton Brewing Company, from warehouse to pub, front office to kitchen, teaches her all she needs to know about the business. Then, she comes face-to-face with masculine perfection in a suit and her world is rocked in more ways than one. Garret Hunter is the new Brockton business manager who takes one look at the beautiful, sad young woman and his entire existence coalesces around winning her heart.

But standing between Garrett and what he believes is his true love, is a six-feet six-inch blond-haired bad boy brewer.

Eli Buchannan is a craft beer rock star, recently hired by Brockton to drag the company into the 21st century. He brings innovation and attitude plus a prima donna ladies’ man reputation. But he's sworn off anything resembling commitment, personal or professional, after getting burned at his last job on both fronts.

Garret Hunter is “The Perfect Man” -- handsome, successful, stable, eager to settle down. Eli Buchannan... is not. Compelling, smoking hot, creative and elusive, he represents everything Lori Brockton should avoid. But just as she makes a difficult choice, a drastic life-changing shift occurs, and nothing is ever the same again.
 
 
My Review
 
*Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review*
 
Paradise Hops was one of the first books I've read in a long time that wasn't recommend to me by anyone or a requested read for a review.  The fact that I knew nothing about the book or the author was a big plus for me.  The storyline was intriguing, Lori Brockton was recovering mentally from a brutal sexual assault that left her broken inside and out.  Throughout the story you get to watch her learn to trust men and build strength in herself.  This isn't the normal type of "love Triangle" story you would expect with the main character needing something from each of the men in her life who seem to be complete opposites in every way.
 
I thoroughly enjoyed the erotic side of this story but would not define it as "Erotica." The sex scenes are both romantic and extremely Hot!! But I was left with still wanting more, whether it was more sex or more story I'm still not sure.  The book bounced around from the beginning and at times I found myself having to back up a few pages to figure out if I had missed a step.  Starting with the prologue which in reality is a piece from the middle of the book, you almost feel like you're starting out in a series but you missed the first book.  I even stopped reading to go back and make sure it wasn't a sequel book before starting the first chapter.  The story is told from a 3rd person POV but at times felt like it was leaning towards 1st person and I couldn't quite follow which person it was coming from.
 
There are some great ups and downs that I never saw coming and I shed more than a few tears, which is why I gave Paradise Hops.  This is a sweet, romantic book with some death defying turns and a few tears thrown in.  I would easily recommend it to anyone who likes romance novels or is looking for an easy weekend read.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for taking the time to read a new author and providing an honest review of my book. I have a backlist, should you be interested, and a best selling series (Stewart Realty) that you can obtain from the publisher should you feel compelled to read anything else of mine. cheers
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my review! I'm very interested in the Stewart Realty series (I worked in the Mortgage/real estate industry for 10 years!) and have it on my TBR list for March :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!