Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Broken by Christa Cervone



Will be available on February 28th, 2013!

My Rating:
4 Stars
 
 
Overview:
According to Webster’s Dictionary the definition of the word Broken is violently separated into parts. SHATTERED.

Yup, that pretty much sums me up. How do I handle things? I find my answers at the bottom of a bottle of Tequila and sleep with random men.

How did I get this way? Well, four years ago I made a decision that cost me the love of my life. I can't undo what I did to drive Garrett out of my life. I haven't seen or heard from him in four long years. But he still haunts me in my dreams or should I call them nightmares at this point? No matter how much booze I drink and how many men I sleep with, nothing fills the void. I feel like I am existing but I’m not really living.

I’m trying to get my life back on track. Well that was until. . . . Garrett walked back into my life. His reappearance threw me into another tailspin.
How do I put the pieces of our broken hearts back together? All before he walks out of my life again... this time for good. Or am I simply destined to just be Broken?
 
 My Review:

*disclaimer, I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review*

Christa Cervone did a great job on her first novel and I was pleasantly surprised! I'm always a bit hesitant to read first time authors because I have a tendency to scrutinize everything to the max. That said I was excited that I didn't have many complaints at all. Besides the occasional "his love is a drug and I'm an addict" type cliches it was a great read.

The way that the book is set up you get to feel for the heroine almost immediately and the beginning scenes are pretty hot! Then you get to the roller coaster ride and its so much fun. I was literally holding my breath at points and giggling at others, not to mention a few gasps that had Mr. Man wondering what the hell I was doing instead of folding the laundry.

I easily recommend this book to anyone with a love of all romance novels, there are steamy sex scenes, but this isn't an erotic romance, and lots of swoon worthy moments!  I am looking forward to reading everything that Christa Cervone puts out in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!