Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spin by CD Reiss

 
Released: March 12, 2014
Pages: 240 (aprox)
 
Available from
http://amzn.to/1kgbFUX
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spin-cd-reiss/1118898615?ean=2940149451050

Momma's Rating
4.5 I want my own Spin stars!

Synopsis:

***You do NOT need to read Songs of Submission to read Spin***

Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.

Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.

And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.

I discovered I was a savage, too.

**MATURE AUDIENCES--Rough sex. Dirty talk. Criminal activity. Cursing. Fisticuffs. Closed course. Professional driver. Do not try this at home.**

Mommas Review

I absolutely loved the SOS series by CD Reiss.  To the point where I did nothing but read them back to back for 4 days straight!  So when I heard that we would be getting more of the Drazen family I was just a tiny bit excited ok.....more like crazy excited!

First thing you need to know is that the Songs of Corruption series is much different than the Songs of Submission series.  While SOS was about a bdsm relationship, SOC is not.   This is important because if you go into SOC with the thought that its going to be just like the first series then you will be missing out on a great read just looking for those types of scenes.  In all honesty I did it too.  But I reminded myself that this not just an extension of the SOS series but in fact is completely different i was really able to get into it.
 
Spin is an extremely well written story that is packed with heat, romance, suspense and drama.  I couldn't put it down, even while walking through a packed airport....I'm sure I pissed of plenty of people by blindly walking into them!
 
The Heroine
Theresa Drazen
 
Theresa Drazen is a total conundrum.  She's fiery and sweet, sassy and shy.  You never know which side is going to come out especially when dealing with her past.....boy did I want to smack her around when it came to dealing with her past!  But she grows in leaps and bounds and becomes this fierce take no shit women and made me want to shout....you tell em sister in the middle of a packed airplane!
 
The Hero
Spin

And Spin...oh how i want to spin on spin!  I love mafia alpha males almost as much as I love dominating alpha males.  And i loved how CD Reiss made him authentic to his Italian heritage. The words that were left out in dialogue or added sounded exactly like the large extended Italian side of the family.
 
Momma's Recommendation
 
I absolutely loved this book.  It had my 2 of my favorite plot points, hot sex and crazy suspense and I highly recommend this to all readers who enjoy erotic romance.  It is a serial series with the rest of the series dates unannounced so be warned about that, but he cliffy isn't too wicked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!