Friday, March 28, 2014

The Hazards of a One Night Stand by Alyssa Rose Ivy



Released February 27 2014
http://amzn.to/1jscGw7
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-hazards-of-a-one-night-stand-alyssa-rose-ivy/1118735657?ean=9781495433276
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19045155-the-hazards-of-a-one-night-stand?from_search=true
 
Momma's Rating
4 sweet on Colton stars
 
Synopsis:
 
One small town boy, one girl who wants more, one roll in the hay...
Hooking up with your high school crush is a bad idea, a really bad idea. It was only supposed to be one night, one brief departure from my real life, but nothing ever works out exactly the way you plan.
Colton Waters was everything from my past that didn't fit into my present, so why did he have to show up at my college and pledge the one frat I couldn't avoid?
Because nothing is ever meant to happen just once. At least not the life changing things that mean the difference between falling apart and falling in love.

Momma's Review
 
I really enjoyed The Hazards of a One Night Stand by Alyssa Rose Ivy.  I picked the book up on the recommendation of a good friend and I am so glad I did.  It was a sweet romance with a bit of heat and some absolutely funny scenes that left me laughing long after the scene was over.
 
There are a lot of books out there that cover college age romance but I found this one, surprisingly, to be  a bit different.  No one was a jock, a fighter or a scared misfit which was a great change from the norm.  I must say that I am a bit of a dork and totally read this one without knowing that there was a first book in the series but  I never would have guessed.  I didn't figure it out until I was looking for the cover photo on Goodreads.  The book was so well written with the story that never at any point did I feel like I was missing a key piece of information.  The books are all written so that each one covers a different couple but I really appreciated that I didn't feel like I was reading a book that was full of inside jokes.
 
The Heroine
Mallory Clark
 
So I've seen some other readers who hated Mallory's character and I'm really confused by it.  Did she frustrate the hell out of me at times......YES...but that's what made her character true.  I think I had a soft spot for her because her relationship with her father really reminded me of my own (not exactly but there were hints of it) and that made me relate to her even more.  If you take into account not only the heartbreak that she experienced at a young age but also look at her screwed up relationship with her dad you'll start to see easily why she acts the way she does!
 
The Hero
Colton Waters
 
Colton where in the hell were you when I was in college!  He is the perfect college boyfriend, sweet, romantic, caring........and a beast in the sack!  I did feel a bit bad for him at points during the book, but I think it was because I wanted to hug him, and kiss him, and keep him all to myself!

Momma's Recommendation
 
I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good NA romance, it has a sweet story, a bit of heat and it's not too full of angst or drama which leaves you with a lighthearted fun read.
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!