Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Futures & Frosting by Tara Sivec

 
Available Now
 
(link is for the box set of the entire series)
 
Momma's Rating
5 Frosting Covered Stars
 
Momma's Review
 
Futures and Frosting by Tara Sivec is the second book in the chocolate lovers series.  I loved Seduction and Snacks so much that I immediately had to jump and buy the rest of the series!  Futures and Frosting is a continuation of Claire and Carter and Gavin's story but I'm happy to say that it also includes Jim, Liz, Jenny and Drew.  The book is absolutely hilarious, to the point that I couldn't read the book in public because I was laughing to the point of snorting at more than just a few points in the book! I actually think it may be funnier than the first book!
 
The Story:
 
As always, Tara Sivec delivers a hilarious, well written story about family, friends, relationships and all the crazy shit that comes along with them.  The jokes are extremely funny and one of my favorite parts is the comedic timing.  Each character has there own way of reacting to the other but they are all delivered in a way that makes you feel like you are in the room.
 
Momma's Recommendation:
 
I highly recommend this book to everyone!  It's just too damn funny to pass up.  Readers who enjoy even the smallest amount of "romance" in a book will fall in love with it.
 
 
Momma's Favorite Quotes:
 
“I love both of you exactly the way you are. I love that you have no filter, and I adore that Gavin can make grown men cry. There is not one thing I would change about either of you, and if anyone doesn’t like it, they can kiss my ass. You guys are my life and my family now. Nothing else matters.”
Tara Sivec, Futures and Frosting
 
“It’s mind-blowing and delicious and better
than finding a pot of gold, a unicorn, and a leprechaun who shits diamonds at
the end of a rainbow.”
Tara Sivec, Futures and Frosting
 
“Mommy and Daddy make a lot of noise when they kiss. Mommy talks to God a lot. I talk to God sometimes too. I asked him for a puppy and a new monster truck but I was nice and didn't yell at him like Mommy does. He still hasn't gotten me the puppy though.”
Tara Sivec, Futures and Frosting



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!