Saturday, April 20, 2013

Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts


Available now on Amazon & B&N

5 Dark Amazing Stars

Where to start with this book?!? Ok, I totally loved it, and I'm not ashamed to say it....well maybe a little ;) I picked up Captive in the Dark one night while having a one-click problem and knew absolutely nothing about it. I think I'm glad I didn't because I may have been hesitant to start it and missed the awesome sexiness that is Caleb! He's mean, he's hot, he's caring, he's dominant, he's pissed off and in his odd way he's loving. Which is not what I expected from him at all.

I feel like I shouldn't have liked it, like I shouldn't have been rooting for her to stay...seriously! Every part of my female brain should have been screaming RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND NEVER LOOK BACK, but every bone in my body wanted her to stay, to see what he would do next, to see where it would lead! And I wasn't disappointed.  

This is the first piece of "dark" erotic literature that I've read and thanks to C.J. Roberts I'm pretty sure I'm hooked! It was well written, well thought out and well executed. I'm just thankful that Seduced in the Dark is already out because I would not be a happy Momma!
 
If you're into Erotic novels, or even just a bit curious I highly recommend this book!  You will not be disappointed.
 
My Livvie
 
 
My Caleb
 
 

My Favorite Quotes:

“I wrapped my arms around him and held on as hard as I could. He was my tormentor and my solace: the creator of the dark and the light within. I didn’t care that he would undoubtedly hurt me at any moment, right now; I just needed somebody to hold me… To tell me these exact words. Its going to be okay. It wasn’t of course, I knew that. But I didn’t care, I needed the lie.”
~~~~~
“You'll always be Kitten to me...Livvie.”  
~~~~~
“You're going to pay for that Pet,' he panted. The right side of his face sported an angry red hand print.
I shook out my hand, 'I already have. That was my change.”  
~~~~~
“People often believed they were safer in the light, thinking monsters only came out at night. But safety – like light – is a façade.”  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!