Sunday, July 7, 2013

Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover


 
Available July 8!
 
 
Momma's Rating
5 Hot For Holder Stars!
 
 
Ughhhhhh, I've been trying to write this review all day but it keeps coming out like this:
 


So excuse me while I fangirl just a bit on this because this book was AMAZING!
 
The Story:
 
I'll be honest, when I first heard that Colleen Hoover was going to do an alternate POV for Hopeless I thought it was a horrible idea.  Hopeless was such an amazing book (see my review here) I was really worried that it would be like other POV books that were almost literally the same book rewritten with little tidbits thrown in for the sake of calling in an alternate POV.

But holy shit was I proved wrong!  Colleen Hoover found a way to write Dean Holders story without it sounding anything like a copycat of the original book.  And the way she did it was just genius (you'll see what I mean...but I don't want to give it away!) I was in tears by the 3rd chapter and was immediately reminded why I loved Hopeless so much.  Now don't get me wrong, it's an alternate POV so there are plenty of times where the book will coincide with Hopeless but it was written so well that I actually had to double take a few times!  The best part was that we finally get answers to some of the questions about Holders life from the first book!

And the ending......OMFG, I totally ugly cried (and I was in the freaking drive-thru!!) but it was the most perfect ending.
The Heroine:
 I still love Sky.  She is such a sweet, loving, trusting girl that you can't help but root for her.   Because this isn't "her story" we don't see nearly as much of her but you still get to feel everything she is going through.
 
The Hero:
 Oh Dean!  I lived him in the last book but I totally fell in love with him in this book.  He is such a strong character but at the same time so incredibly broken.  And seeing things through his eyes just sealed the deal for me all the way around!
 
The BFF:
In Losing Hope we get to officially meet Daniel, Holders Best Friend.  Holy crap is he funny!  He isn't strong character and seems to come and go with the story but when he's there he is definitely good for a giggle
The Steam:
 The best part about this book is the non-sex sex scene, aka the first kiss....but not only did I get to read one of my favorite scenes of all time but I got to read it from Holders perspective.....holy crap!  The steam in Losing hope is stronger than Hopeless, even though it's an alternate POV.....seems to be that holder has a dirtier mind than Sky, but I loved it!
 
The Cover:
I liked this cover!  I originally had a whole different picture of Holder in my head but after seeing the cover with Griffin Peterson it totally fit what I had been searching for!

Recommendation:
I absolutely, with out a doubt, recommend this book to EVERYONE!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!