Friday, January 25, 2013

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

 
 
 
I was apprehensive to start this series after hearing that the main story line was about cheating.  That's not something I would normally fit into my idea of a "romance novel."  That said, I am so incredibly glad that I decided to read it!  I absolutley loved this book.
 
This book is hard to review with out giving away too many spoilers so if you haven't read it yet but I will try!
 
Overview (from amazon.com):
 
For almost two years noe, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's every wanted: loving, tender, and endlessly devoted to her.  When they head off to a new city to start their lives together-Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university-everything seems perfect.  Then an unforseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.  Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source-a local rock star named Kellan Kyle.  At first, he's purely a friend she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship.  And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.
 
Well Hello Kellan Kyle!!!
 
 
 
My Review: 5 Stars

 
The love triange of Kiera, Denny and Kellan is an intriguing one.  I found myself seeing how easy it could be to fall into the exact same scenario.  But at the same time I was litterally yelling at Kiera to just make up her fucking mind already!  I kept changing from hating Kiera to loving Kellan, to hating Kellan and loving Denny and then feeling bad for each of them all over again. S.C. Stephens did one hell of a  job with this rollercoaster of a love story!
 
I think I have told everyone I've talked to lately about this book, actually the whole series!  Kellan Kyle is my perfect BBF, no seriously.....he's passed Christian Grey and Giddeon Cross and jumped right into my number one spot!  He's sexy, strong and when push comes to shove he's a total romantic!
 
What I really loved about this book was that there was nothing to hate.  The story line moves easily along, no over dramataics, no crazy ex-girlfriends slashing tires or ex-boyfriends kidnapping people.  And there were none of the editorial issues that seem to be plauging e-books right now which made me VERY happy!
 
Thoughtless deserves everyone of the 5 stars I gave it and It's moved right into my top ten favorite series of this year!  I'm anxiously waiting for Reckless....March can not get here soon enough!
 
Favorite Quotes!
 
“If I'm yours and you're mine...then I will take you, wherever and whenever I can.” 
 
“Between pants, I continued spewing how much I hated him. Around my lips, he kept telling me I didn't.” 
 
“I’ve never wanted anyone, like I want you. Every girl is you to me. You’re all I see…you’re all I want.” 
 
“Obviously, I lied, Kiera!" he yelled back. "If you haven't noticed, I do that! And what does it matter anyway? She wanted me, you didn't. What do you care if I-" "Because you're mine!" I yelled back at him, quite unintentionally. Of course, he wasn't actually mine ....  The immediate silence after that was deafening. Kellan's face paled and then slowly got very, very angry. "No, no I'm not! THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT!” 
 
 
I'm not one to squee easily but.......fucking squeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!