Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Harder I Fall by Jessica Gibson

 
Available Now!
 
On sale for 0.99 at time of posting!!!!
http://amzn.to/OzdO3m
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-harder-i-fall-jessica-gibson/1118728685?ean=2940148329480

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20619405-the-harder-i-fall?ac=1
 
BannerFans.com
 4 Sweet Romance Stars!
Synopsis:
Becca Langer was not a normal girl, she didn't have normal girl problems. For most of her life, she’s had to take care of herself, her younger brother Chad, and her drunk mother. She’s lived under the shadow of what her father did when she was ten years old. Forever branded by his actions.

College was her escape, she could get away and finally live. Her dream was to make it in the New York Ballet Company one day. That for her meant a long road full of hard work and dedication. She didn't have time for distractions, and Levi Klein was definitely a distraction.

Will Levi be able to crack through her tough exterior and really see the wounded soul underneath? Becca needs to be loved, but the question is, will she let Levi love her?
 
 

Can I just start by saying that I absolutely adored this book!  I've been in a horrible book funk for weeks, to the point where I haven't even wanted to pick up a book.  When I received a copy of the book from the Author I decided to give it a shot and I'm so happy I did.  I had a rare day where everyone in my house was gone and I literally sat on the couch for 4 hours and read this book from cover to cover....which is pretty much unheard of in my crazy life!

Jessica Gibson did a wonderful job in her debut novel!  The Harder I Fall is a YA read, which is also something I don't read a lot of, but the way it was written didn't make me feel like I was reading a book about kids.  Both main characters are in there freshmen year of college but each of them have gone through some incredible hardships that make them seem much older than they really are.  Not to mention that this book made me cry multiple times!  And it wasn't an ugly cry but one where you just had to cry because the back of your eyes was burning from trying not to!

While I did find some little quirks in the book and terms that were used a few too many times I really think that Jessica Gibson has a great start with her first novel and will only grow as an author!
 
I highly recommend this book to any reader who loves a good love story and because it's written in a classic YA style with only a very small amount of steamy scenes I would even recommend it to younger readers.  It's more a story of surviving your first love and learning to not let your past hold you from realizing your dreams.

 

Author Bio:
Jessica Gibson is a recovering bookaholic, she's down from four books a week to a more reasonable one. It was that love of words and creativity that made her dream about writing her first book. That dream was hidden for years, always put on the back burner, filed away in the "someday" section, until her husband Matt gave her the kick in the pants she needed to actually get off her butt and write.
Jessica and Matt live in Southern California and have a serious addiction to reality tv shows like Pawn Stars and American Restoration. They have one son and hope to add to the family in the near future.
Aside from writing, she runs an online event planning business called the Release Day Diva. In addition to novels, Jessica writes and maintains the blog Book on the Bright Side. Keep up with Jessica and her latest releases and events on her blog.


Links

Blog: www.thisauthorslife.blogspot.com
Book Blog : www.bookonthebrightside.blogspot.com
Twiter: @jessicajgibson
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you read something to get you out of your funk! And I'm so glad it was The Harder I Fall, because I was very curious about it. :) Great review!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting....you rock kitten!